Having won the first leg encounter against Somalia by 3-0, Eswatini had an advantage against a wounded Somalia in the second leg of the TotalEnergies AFCON Preliminary Round Qualifier Match played at the Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit, South Africa. It was Somalia who dominated the ball possession in the first 25 minutes of the game as they searched for an early goal.

It was a scrapy start for Eswatini as they lost possession easily in the first 20 minutes of the game. Justice Figuareido was fouled in the 22nd minute by the captain of the Somalian national team Adulsamad Abdullahi which resulted into a fruitless free kick by Mxolisi Mkhontfo. In the 25th minute an unmarked Justice Figuareido missed a sitter just outside the box. It was in the 28th minute when Eswationi started to settle as Sihlangu SeMnikati started to have the better share of the ball possession. A long range shot by Mxolisi Mkhontfo was tipped for a fruitless corner after the Eswatini international spotted Mustaf Yuusuf in goal for Somalia out of position.  The referee blew the half time whistle with the score line at 0-0.

In the second half, the Somalian national team committed crucial errors and they were heavily punished by Eswatini. A school boy error by Mustaf Yuusuf who dropped the ball closer to Sabelo Ndzinisa resulted in the Eswatini international striker scoring one of the easiest goals in his football career for the second time in a week in the 46th minute. Bongwa Matsebula scored Eswatini’s second goal of the match when he disposed Haji Liba in the centre circle and went all the way to place the ball in back of the net in the 49th minute.

In the hour mark, Eswatini made a triple substitution by bring on Sandile Gamedze, Mthunzi Mkhontfo, and Sitsembiso Dlamini for Mxolisi Mkhontfo, Justice Figareido, and Sibonelo Sibandze. On the 65th minute, Somalia substituted Adulsamad Abdullah for Muktar Suleiman. In the 70th minute, Eswatini made a double substitution as they bought in Thubelihle Mavuso and Ayanda Gadlela for Sabelo Ndzinisa and Bongwa Matsebula. Somalia was able to score their first goal in the 76th minute through Awad Mohammed.  This goal lifted the fighting spirit of Somalia and they applied more pressure to Eswatini. They were rewarded in the 86th minute when Ahmed Yussefscored the equalizer. The referee blew the final whistle with the score board reading 2-2 which made the aggregate score to be 5-2 in favour of Eswatini.