Eswatini fought back to hold Lesotho during an U17 Men’s International Friendly Match that was played at the Somhlolo National Stadium. This was a 12-noon kick-off which was a curtain raiser for the U20 Men’s International Friendly Match between the two Kingdoms.

In the early miutes of this match, it was Lesotho who was playing more offensive as they applied pressure to the Eswatini defense. In the 19th minute, Lesotho got a corner kick; however, the Eswatini defence did its job as they cleared the ball. Lesotho was back again in the 21st minute as they got a free kick outside the D-line after Mahloa Reamohetse was fouled by Junior Ndlovu; however, the wall did its job as it blocked the free kick. More pressure was applied by Lesotho as Lepheane Setsoto overlapped nicely only to be fouled outside the box. Lesotho waisted this free kick as Mohloa Reamohetse shot wide.

Eswatini absorbed the pressure and started to be more offensive as they got their first corner kick on the 24th minute; however, it was wasted. A suicidal mistake by Eswatini at the heart of defence almost gave Lesotho the lead after Phumlani Gama’s pass was intercepted and Sizwe Nkambule made a wonderful save only for Karaca Khafa to balloon the follow-up over the cross bar.

Kelvin Maseko for Eswatini almost opened the scoreline when his shot hit the cross bar with Moetsi Reitumetse well beaten. Sizwe Nkambule who had an excellent game in Eswatini goal made another save in the 30th minute when he prevented Khetsi Thuso on a one-on-one situation. Again, Kelvin should have put Eswatini in the lead when he ballooned his shot inside the 18-area box in the 37th minute. The troublesome Mohloa Reamohetse was back on the 41st minute when he terrorized the Eswatini defence and Sizwe Nkambule saved his shot only for Phalatsi Hlompho to score the rebounce. The referee sent both teams to the dressing room at half time with Lesotho leading by 1-0.

Eswatini came stronger in the second half in search of the equalizer and a shot by Kelvin Mmaseko was saved by Lehlohonolo who came on for Moetsi Reitumetse in the 46th minute. Eswatini made a double substitution in the hour mark when Phumlani Gama and Siyabonga Mdluli came in for Nkosenhle Tsela and Mazwamahle Vilakati. This substitution added more life to Eswatini as they scored the equalizing goal in the 63rd minute after Satiso Masinga’s cross was met by Mthokozisi Dlamini who controlled the ball and shot a powerful shot that was too much for Maloka Lehlohonolo.

Lesotho executed a double substitution in the 71st minute as Mohloa Reamohetse and Phalatsi Hlompho came out for Thobe Katleho and Lumusi Tsepiso. A 79th minute coner kick by Lesotho hit the cross bar after Lumisi Tsepiso rose high and headed the ball towards the Eswatini goal. The referee blew the final whistle with the scoreline at 1-1.