The Eswatini Football Association (EFA) in reaction to a publication carried by Eswatini Observer, of the 2nd December 2019; back page with the heading, “Magiyane Tipped for Sihlangu”, would like to advance a clarification as follows:
- The football association has been taken by shock to learn that it has written a letter to Moneni Pirates Football Club on a purported request for the services of their head coach, Mr. Gcina Dlamini.
- The football association would like to disassociate itself from this purported written letter to Moneni Pirates FC. The association would like to point out that no such letter exists nor any approach to Moneni Pirates FC nor any other football club or particular coach regarding the position of head coach of Sihlangu, that will become vacant as from the 1st January 2019 (as the current coach’s contract run up to the 31st December 2019).
- In actual fact, at the meeting where the decision was made, there was no mention of a name of a coach nor an attempt to hire a coach for the national team, as a meeting to discuss the national team, including the engagement of a coach will be convened at a later date, where all details regarding the recruitment process will be discussed; after which invitations to interested coaches locally and internationally will be done. To clarify, the EFA issued a Press release, sent to media houses on Friday, 29th November 2019, stating that the EFA in view of its incapacity to meet the demands of the current head coach, Mr. Kostadin Papic, will not renew his contract when it expires on the 31st December 2019. The same press publication stated that the football association will at a later stage make some pronouncements on the future of the national team.
- The official position therefore is that; Mr.Gcina Dlamini is the Head Coach of Moneni Pirates FC and Head Coach of the U17 National Men’s Team.
- In this regard; the football association would like to express its apology to Moneni Pirates FC and the coach in question, that might have been equally shocked or any other party that might have been negatively affected by the publication.